ABOUT THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Canadian Base Operators’ North Warning System’s team is growing! If you are a committed and collaborative professional looking to contribute to a hard-working, innovative team, this opportunity is for you.
The Facilities Crew Technician is located in North Bay, Ontario and typically reports directly to the Facilities Supervisor of Operations. Their primary focus is power generation, electrical distribution, HVAC systems, water and sewage systems, intrusion alarms, fire alarm/suppression systems, helicopter monitor and SCADA systems at all North Warning System sites, including Logistic Support Sites (LSS), under the direction of the Facilities Supervisor of Operations.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for monitoring the status of and remotely control NWS site equipment
- Responsible for monitoring the quality of data and signals, analyse and correct system faults, change equipment parameters and configurations
- Responsible for verifying operational status of NWS equipment after downtime, enter data and ensure the accuracy of Equipment Status Reports
- Review corrective maintenance work requests for priority, work estimation and feasibility, review work orders upon completion
- Document and maintain facilities files as related to the work management system, work plans, field/incident reports, data analysis, etc.
- Responding to emergency situations (unexpected failures)
- Providing guidance and training to customer personnel in establishing operation, maintenance, and inspection procedures and techniques.
- Providing assistance to apprentices and other trades as required
- Analysing equipment failures to determine cause and recommending corrective action
- Responding to site emergencies and environmental emergencies
- General housekeeping in support of a healthy and safe workplace environment by taking proactive and corrective measures
- Other duties assigned by the Manager
- Communicates Effectively
- Holds Self and Others Accountable
- Problem Solving and Innovation
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Values and Respects Others
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Licensed journeyperson; Interprovincial Trade Certification in a Facilities system related trade or CF military equivalent (QL 5)
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 3-5 years related experience (diagnostic and repairs), minimum, in a commercial or industrial setting
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Must be willing and able to travel
- Due to many mandatory vaccination requirements at client projects / facilities, in order to provide substantial employment by ensuring compliance with our client’s mandates, the successful candidate may be required to validate full vaccination prior to hire
- Must have strong knowledge of building electrical, mechanical, HVAC, and building structural systems
- Interpreting drawings, diagrams and specifications on a variety of mechanical equipment, including manufacturer’s manuals and parts books
- Must possess Reliability Clearance or be eligible to obtain one
- Must possess Standard First Aid trained with CPR Level A, or willing to obtain Standard First Aid certification and hold a valid certificate
- Possess a valid class ‘G’ driver’s license, or provincial/territorial equivalent
- Must possess serviceable steel toe safety boots that meet standards for workplace safety
- Must be familiar with safety regulations and practices
- Good written and verbal skills (English)
- Proficient user of MS Office (Word, Excel, Project and Outlook)
Canadian Base Operators welcomes and encourages applications from persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.