ABOUT THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Canadian Base Operators’ & Acdens, Suncor Firebag Airport team is growing! If you are committed and collaborative professional looking to contribute to a hard-working, innovative team, this opportunity is for you.
The Ramp Agent Positions are located at the Suncor Firebag Airport North of Fort McMurray and typically reports directly to the Ramp Agent Team Lead. Their primary focus is to perform the duties associated with Ground Support/Ramp Operations such as but not limited to: aircraft de-icing, aircraft marshalling, ground start equipment operation and baggage handling assigned by the Team Lead in a safe and efficient manner. The successful candidate will be required to perform other skilled and unskilled tasks related to the job to assure continuous operation by our client. Other duties as assigned including Cross Training duties with passenger check in staff.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Marshalling aircraft in and out of the aerodrome
- Ability to operate Ground start equipment
- Aircraft deicing and anti-icing
- Baggage loading and unloading
- Ability to operate various ground equipment.
- Greet and check-in passengers for their flights, verifying documents and identification.
- Manage gate operations and flight closure.
- Strong communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Commitment to teamwork with fellow employees, pilots, flight attendants and other contractors.
- Organize the safe loading and unloading of passengers to and from buses.
- Manage all aspects of its business with regards to prevention of pollution and minimize or eliminate adverse environmental and health impacts. This will be achieved by taking into consideration and complying with; federal, provincial and municipal regulations and guidelines, (whichever is the more stringent) in conjunction with customer, employee and public requirements and concerns.
- Keep work spaces and general areas clean, orderly and hazard free; wear personal protective equipment
- Be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Computer Knowledge required for Passenger Check – In and Online Training
- Secondary duties, as required, may include but not limited to: conducting environmental, safety and quality checks, general housekeeping in support of a healthy and safe workplace environment and taking proactive and corrective measures in these areas.
- Must be willing and able to travel.
- Communicates Effectively
- Continuous Learning
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Values and Respects Others
- Grade 12 or GED Equivalent
The following certifications/designations are considered an asset
- Common Safety Orientation (previously known as Basic Safety Orientation) – Energy Safety Canada
- WestJet Training
- Wood Buffalo Wildlife Awareness
- Hydrogen Sulfide Awareness
- OHS AB Legislation Awareness
- 1+ years of experience with Ramp/Aviation Operations
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- A years of B experience in C industry
A: Junior: 1-3
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
Proficient/ knowledge and understanding of:
- Established Aviation practices, procedures and techniques
- Applicable local and provincial labour codes
- Managing / leading union and non-union staff
- Organization and time management
- Willing and able to travel – flights are provided to the work site from Calgary and or from Edmonton
- Hold a valid driver’s license,
- Previous experience with aircraft de-icing and aircraft ground handling
- Pre-employment & Random Drug and Alcohol Screening
- Annual Drivers Abstract
- Criminal Record Check
Canadian Base Operators with Acden welcomes and encourages applications from persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.