ABOUT THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Canadian Base Operators’ Meaford team is growing! If you are committed and collaborative professional looking to contribute to a hard-working, innovative team, this opportunity is for you.
The Contracts and Accounting Manager is located in Meaford at the 4th Canadian Division Training Centre and typically reports directly to the Meaford Site Manager. Their primary focus will be for the oversight of all invoicing, contract administration, and management of accounts payable. Ensuring appropriate charges, track and collect payments consistently and correctly under the direction of the Site Manager.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Provide leadership and oversight to accounting clerks (Direct reports)
• Provide full support to CBO’s Site Manager and DND’s Site Services Management Team in determining mutually beneficial amendments to contract
• Develops collaborative working relationship with CBO Department Managers.
• Provide data and advice to Human Resources regarding contract compliance of personnel qualifications
• Ensures strategic sub-contractors comply with contractual obligations
• Develops a working knowledge of DND systems i.e. DRMIS, to ensure effective customer communication and satisfaction.
• Provide fully supported billings, reports and other deliverables to the Project and Contracting Authorities by due dates and as requested.
• Responds to queries and provides data and reports to the Controller and/or Operations
• Ensure contractual reports are accurate, comply with the contract requirements
• Develop and maintain internal control procedures as well as manage accounting functions, ensuring accurate and timely maintenance of A/P, A/R, Payroll and Financial Statements.
• Responsible for all accounting functions including A/P, A/R, payroll, financial statements and assignment of
resources to accomplish finance and accounting functions for Support Services
• Ensure all financial transactions are properly posted to financial accounting records, ledgers and files
• Audit financial and other asset accounts including Government Furnished Material and Government Furnished Equipment to ensure contractual compliance.
• Provides accurate data utilized in the determination of Performance Incentive Fees (PIF)
• Keep accurate records and documentation of AWR (626)/Task Authorizations for all stages, from initial requests and quotes through to job completion and billing
• Provides analysis of data against contract estimated quantities to actual service provision
• Manage JDE Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
• Process employee expenses/ assist with payroll
• Prepare monthly accrual costs for clients
• Other duties as assigned
• Change Orientation
• Communicates Effectively
• Problem Solving and Innovation
• Teamwork and Collaboration
• Post-secondary education in a related field
• Post-secondary diploma/degree in accounting or finance
• Extensive related work experience
The following knowledge is considered an asset
• Knowledge of contract interpretation/management
• Leadership, including supervisory experience and training (oversees 2-3 employees)
• JD Edwards experience considered an asset
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• 3-5 years of related experience in accounting or finance field preferred
• 3-5 years of contracts related experience
• 3-5 years operations related experience
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
Proficient knowledge and understanding of:
• Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and Teams
• Working hours will be 40 hours per week Monday to Friday
• Effective written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to work independently and with minimal direction
*Must be able to achieve and maintain a Government of Canada Security Clearance*
Due to many mandatory vaccination requirements at client projects / facilities, in order to provide substantial employment by ensuring compliance with our clients’ mandates, the successful candidate may be required to validate full vaccination prior to hire.
Please forward your application prior to close of business December 8, 2022.
Canadian Base Operators welcomes and encourages applications from persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.