ABOUT THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Canadian Base Operators’ Moose Jaw team is recruiting! If you are committed and collaborative professional looking to contribute to a hard-working, innovative team, this opportunity is for you.
15 Wing, headquartered in Moose Jaw, is the centre of RCAF aircrew training and is comprised of 2 Canadian Forces Flying Training School (CFFTS) and 431 Air Demonstration Squadron (CF Snowbirds) both located in Moose Jaw, SK. The Wing is the principal site of the NATO Flying Training in Canada (NFTC). 15 Wing is responsible for three different aircraft platforms that include: CT-156 Harvard II, CT-155 Hawk, CT-114 Tutor, and any visiting aircraft.
The HVAC position is located in Moose Jaw, SK and typically reports directly to the Facilities Maintenance Supervisor. This position is responsible for the inspection, testing and maintenance of all refrigeration, ventilation, air conditioning, humidifiers and air handling units. Duties also include operating the Energy Monitoring and Control System (EMCS). The HVAC Technician will also carry out necessary liaison with users to minimize disruption due to maintenance work.
Essential Job Functions
- Perform inspections, testing, maintenance, repairs and tasks generated by the CMMS.
- Perform inspections, testing, maintenance and repairs walk-in freezers and coolers, central and computer room air conditioning systems, ventilation systems, window air conditioners, humidifiers, and domestic freezers and refrigerators;
- Perform inspections, testing, maintenance and repairs to ice making equipment;
- Perform inspections, testing, maintenance and repairs compressed air systems and dust extraction systems;
- Maintains all necessary Halo Carbon documentation as per Federal regulations.
- Diagnoses, maintains and repairs pneumatic, electric and electronic control systems
- Operates EMCS systems;
- Performs sheet metal work and the fabrication and installation of duct work
- Prepares estimates for installation, repairs, and renovations.
- Carries out installations and modifications in accordance with working drawings, and all codes and regulations, and OEM recommendations.
- Orders consumables and material for preventive, periodic, and corrective maintenance, and maintains accurate inventory
- Inspects subcontracted work and reports deficient work of related trades.
- Is responsible to maintain a high level of security while performing and executing their scope of work.
- Ensure proper maintenance and repair of all tools and equipment;
- Coordinates with mechanical and building trades as required.
- Other duties as required within the capabilities of the individual.
- Holds Self and Others Accountable
- Problem Solving and Innovation
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Values and Respects Others
- Completion of a recognized course in HVAC/Refrigeration
- Experience in the maintenance of central air conditioning systems, ammonia plants and air handling units together with associated controls
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
Intermediate knowledge and understanding of:
- Have a valid class 5 driver's licence
- Have valid First Aid/CPR qualification.
- Must pass a medical examination, Drug and Alcohol test.
- Ability to read blueprints, mechanical and electrical drawings.
- Familiarity with procedures for storing and handling hazardous materials and Ozone Depleting
- Training in Trane/Honeywell systems diagnosis and calibration would be desirable
COVID-19 Regulations: Canadian Base Operators complies with all applicable COVID-19 requirements. This may require employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19, provide attestations regarding vaccination status and/or COVID-19 testing, or satisfy other conditions of employment that Canadian Base Operators deems appropriate, and employees may be required to show proof of vaccination and/or negative COVID-19 test results as a condition of employment (except in limited circumstances where an employee is legally entitled to an accommodation).