ABOUT THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Canadian Base Operators’ Southport team is growing! If you are a committed and collaborative professional looking to contribute to a hard-working, innovative team, this opportunity is for you. As a proud partner of Kelowna Aerospace Defence Programs, we deliver numerous support services tailored to our client, the Royal Canadian Air Force (RCAF).
The Groundskeeper / Equipment Operator position is located in Southport, MB and reports directly to the Roads & Grounds Supervisor. Their primary focus is maintaining and improving the condition of all company and property grounds each season. They must enjoy working outside in all weather conditions that Manitoba weather brings. This full-time permanent role has duties and responsibilities which include but are not limited to:
- Adhere to safety standards and company policies when inspecting and operating various machinery, hand tools and equipment
- Operate various equipment to assist internal and external contractors
- Maintain green spaces on airside, at remote sites and around KF-occupied buildings
- Perform line painting and joint sealing
- Roll and dye mark helicopter landing/training sites
- Inspect, repair and maintain fence and gates
- Submit daily runway braking co-efficient and runway conditions in concert with (Snow & Ice Control) SNIC operations during winter months
- Ensure snow and ice removal on airside and around KF-occupied buildings, sidewalks and parking lots
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment; Roads & Grounds shop, equipment and storage areas
- Work collaboratively with other departments
- Complete timesheets and work orders in a timely fashion
- Other duties as assigned.
- Communicates Effectively
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Problem Solving and Innovation
- Continuous Learning
- Change Orientation
- Customer Focus
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of DND policies and procedures is an additional asset.
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Current and valid Class 5 Driver’s Licence.
- 1-3 years of experience performing various types of physical labour including moderate heavy lifting, standing, bending, shovelling, etc.
- Previous experience working with airfield heavy equipment (snow plough, sweeper and blower) an asset but will train on-site.
- Previous experience using a loader, scissor lift, and lawn tractors an asset.
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Self-motivated, reliable and resourceful
- Attention to detail
- Organization and time management
- Know the correct use, maintenance and safety procedures of hand tools and powered equipment related to this type of work while applying that knowledge
- Must be able to work varied start times during the winter season
- Able to obtain an Airside Vehicle Operator’s Permit (AVOP) and Airport Radio Certificate
- Eligible to obtain an Enhanced Reliability Clearance by the Canadian Industrial Security Directorate.
Due to many mandatory vaccination requirements at client projects / facilities, in order to provide substantial employment by ensuring compliance with our client's mandates, the successful candidate may be required to validate full vaccination prior to hire.
Canadian Base Operators welcomes and encourages applications from persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.