ABOUT THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Canadian Base Operators’ Meaford team is growing! If you are committed and collaborative professional looking to contribute to a hard-working, innovative team, this opportunity is for you.
The Roads and Grounds Operator is located in Meaford at the 4th Canadian Division Training Centre and typically reports directly to the Road and Grounds Supervisor. Their primary focus is to maintain the quality and usability of approx. 6900 hectares of training area, including 41 hectares of manicured grounds, 58 km of all-weather roads, 50 km of permanent tracks and trails and 277 km of seasonal tracks and trails. Support military training through supply and maintenance of chemical toilets. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- The safe and efficient operation of assigned equipment
- Maintain a clean and serviceable fleet; washing, greasing etc.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment; Roads and Grounds shop, equipment storage areas
- Maintain the various roads, grounds, training areas, and security works at the 4th Canadian Division Training Centre.
- Maintain turf grasses, trees and shrubs as required through the employment of various techniques such as pruning, irrigation, fertilizing, cutting, weed control, and spraying,
- Maintain specified grounds within the Training Area and Ranges
- Road sign replacement and repair, including mixing, placing and finishing concrete.
- Flood control through culvert and ditch maintenance
- Pest animal removal, beaver dam removal etc.
- Operate basic carpentry and power tools, mowers and small snow blowers, chainsaws, mixers, landscape equipment, material handling equipment, agricultural tractors/back hoes, and dump trucks.
- Perform other assigned tasks, as required.
- Change Orientation
- Communicates Effectively
- Continuous Learning
- Customer Focus
- Holds Self and Others Accountable
- Problem Solving and Innovation
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Values and Respects Others
- Coaches and Develops
- Maximizes Business Performance and Team Effectiveness
- Strategic Perspective
High school Diploma
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Valid DZ-Class Driver License
- Clean driving record
- 2 years’ experience operating small and medium sized grounds maintenance equipment,
- 2 years’ experience operating heavy equipment
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
Proficient knowledge and understanding of:
- Know the correct use, maintenance and safety procedures of the hand tools and powered equipment related to this type of work while applying that knowledge
- Organization and time management
- Excellent oral and written communications skills (English)
- Must hold a Reliability Security Clearance or be eligible to obtain one
Due to many mandatory vaccination requirements at client projects / facilities, in order to provide substantial employment by ensuring compliance with our clients’ mandates, the successful candidate may be required to validate full vaccination prior to hire.
Canadian Base Operators welcomes and encourages applications from persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.