ABOUT THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Canadian Base Operators’ Meaford team is growing! If you are a committed and collaborative professional looking to contribute to a hard-working, innovative team, this opportunity is for you.
The Weapons Systems Repair Technician is located in Meaford at the 4th Canadian Division Training Centre and typically reports directly to the Weapons and Ancillary supervisor. Their primary focus is weapons and ancillary maintenance under the direction of the Maintenance Manager.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform corrective, preventative and modification maintenance on all weapons, weapons systems and ancillary equipment assigned for repair;
- Perform weapons incident investigations;
- Perform Examinations of Ordnance;
- Look up and order repair parts;
- Test fire weapons;
- Perform range duties;
- Initiate and assist in the preparation of Unsatisfactory Condition Reports (UCRs) and Technical Failure Reports (TFRs) and forward to the Control Office;
- Prepare personal timesheets;
- Maintain the security of weapons, associated equipment and other ancillary equipment in the section for repair;
- Operate and service trade specific and common hand and power tools & vehicles
- Keep work spaces and general areas clean, orderly and hazard free ; and
- Perform any other tasks as designated by the supervisor or Department Manager.
- Communicates Effectively
- Continuous Learning
- Holds Self and Others Accountable
- Problem Solving and Innovation
- Teamwork and Collaboration
Degree or Diploma in:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
The following certifications/designations are considered an asset:
- Weapons Technician QL5 or higher or equivalent
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 1 – 3 years of weapons and ancillary maintenance experience would be an asset
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
Intermediate knowledge and understanding of:
- Maintenance of weapons systems and ancillary equipment
Proficient user of:
- MS Office suite
- Must hold a minimum Ontario class G driver’s license and possess a clear driver’s abstract; and must be able to obtain and maintain a military 404 driving license
- Must hold a Level II Security Clearance or be eligible to obtain one.
Canadian Base Operators welcomes and encourages applications from persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.