ABOUT THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Canadian Base Operators’ Meaford’s team is growing! If you are a committed and collaborative professional looking to contribute to a hard-working, innovative team, this opportunity is for you.
The Mechanic Apprentice position is located in Meaford, ON and typically reports directly to the Vehicle Technician Supervisor. This position is responsible for the maintenance inspections, repairs and maintains emergency vehicles, buses and road transport vehicles by performing work on structural, mechanical, electrical and electronic systems.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Assists licensed Mechanic
• Assists in inspections, diagnosis, and repair of vehicles
• Conduct annual safety inspections
• Document and maintain files as related to the work management system, work plans, field/incident reports, and data analysis
• Duty recovery
• Rotational on call duties
• Responding to emergency situations (unexpected failures)
• General housekeeping in support of a healthy and safe workplace environment and taking proactive and corrective measures
• Other duties as required within the capabilities of the individual.
• Communicates Effectively
• Teamwork and Collaboration
• Values and Respects Others
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Level 1 Apprentice
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
• Interpreting drawings, diagrams and specifications on a variety of mechanical equipment, including manufacturer’s manuals and parts books
• Must possess Reliability Clearance or be eligible to obtain one
• Possess a valid class ‘G’ driver’s license, or provincial/territorial equivalent
• Valid D/Z licence would be an considered an asset
• Must possess serviceable steel toe safety boots that meet standards for workplace safety
Due to many mandatory vaccination requirements at client projects / facilities, in order to provide substantial employment by ensuring compliance with our clients’ mandates, the successful candidate may be required to validate full vaccination prior to hire.