ABOUT THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Canadian Base Operators’ Suffield team is growing! If you are committed and collaborative professional looking to contribute to a hard-working, innovative team, this opportunity is for you.
The Building Maintenance Technician (Carpenter) is located in Suffield, AB and typically reports directly to the Site Manager & or Supervisor. Their primary focus is performing routine building maintenance tasks, and assisting tradespersons in tasks, including carpentry, electrical, heating, ventilation and air conditioning/plumbing, etc. This position will also perform general cleaning and other tasks as assigned under the direction of the Site Manager. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Inspect building and other structures to determine functional systems, detect malfunctions and needed repairs, making notes and recommendations
- Perform preventative and predictive maintenance on buildings and facilities
- Perform minor painting, carpentry and masonry work
- Clean rooms, hallways, lobbies, lounges, rest rooms, corridors, elevators, stairways, parking lots and other work areas
- Maintain inventory control over equipment and supplies; assist in ordering supplies and needed equipment.
- Maintain required documents including building maintenance logs and records; assist in preparing preventative and predictive maintenance schedules
- Communicate with co-workers and other trades; make decisions in emergency situations.
- Work in a manner that is respectful of one’s own safety and the safety of others.
- Comply with all related policy, procedure and regulation.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Have Reliability-level clearance through CISD, or be eligible to obtain clearance.
- Holds Self and Others Accountable
- Problem Solving and Innovation
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Values and Respects Others
The following certifications/designations are considered an asset
- Red/or Gold Seal Certification
- Construction safety certifications
- 3+ years of experience as a tradesperson.
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
3-5 years in carpentry, and or building maintenance, within FMO and Projects.
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Have a valid provincial driver’s license.
- Have valid First Aid/CPR qualification.
- Preference will be given to candidates with a minimum 6 out of 8 of the following skills:
- Windows, door repairs, locking system and replacement
- OH doors
- Wall repair
- Metal Roofing/Sliding repairs and inspections that encompasses eves troughs and drainage
Intermediate user of:
- MS Office (Word, Excel, Project)
- DSI platform
- Willing and able to travel to work in Suffield, AB
- Security clearance requirements (Reliability)
Canadian Base Operators welcomes and encourages applications from persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.