Canadian Base Operators’ Firebag team is growing! If you are committed and collaborative professional looking to contribute to a hard-working, innovative team, this opportunity is for you.
The Aviation Analyst is located in Calgary and reports directly to the Firebag Site Manager or Suncor Aviation Manager. Their primary focus is to analyze data, documentation requirements, and development of business requirements. They will also assist with implementing data governance, writing policies and monitoring data quality.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assess source data for data quality and identification of business rules.
- Analyze data and present key insights to both technical and non-technical audience
- Creation of presentation Material for all levels of the organization
- Document business requirements, including creating presentations, business cases
- IT capable with the ability to develop and create social media content, web portal content, and passenger broadcasts.
- Collaborate across teams including data engineers, business users and vendors
- Monitor and log data quality and resolve discrepancies.
- Develop scripts to transform data and develop views.
- Maintain business glossaries and data dictionaries.
- Gather stakeholder’s feedback
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to collect, analyze and interpret data and statistics using quantitative and qualitative methods.
- Superior written and spoken communication skills are essential, as well as demonstrated ability to communicate with a broad range of stakeholders, preparing a wide range of internal written communications, develop and give presentations.
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot complex problems and make sound decisions.
- A bias for action – results driven.
- Flexibility and ability to understand and define key issues and solutions on a variety of emerging topics, in a dynamic work environment.
- A strong drive to work independently in an entrepreneurial environment, as well as a willingness to work as part of a team.
- Must demonstrate a commitment to continuous learning and process improvement.
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
- Previous airline technology experience is required.
- Communicates Effectively
- Customer Focus
- Values and Respects Others
- Maximizes Business Performance and Team Effectiveness
Degree or Diploma in a quantitative field such as:
- Computer Engineering
- Or equivalent training/or work experience
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 3-5 years of Analytics experience in an Aviation industry
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
Advanced knowledge and understanding of:
- Aviation Analytics
- Presentations and Communication
- Established Aviation practices, procedures, and techniques
- Applicable legislative requirements if any
- Organization and time management
Advanced user of:
- MS Office (Word, Excel, Project, Teams,)
- Power BI (Business Intelligence)
- Willing and able to travel to the Suncor Business Center Calgary, and to the Suncor Firebag Airport monthly and or as required. The role is not 100% remote.
- Provincial Driver’s License
- Clear Criminal Record Check
- Participate in Pre-Employment Drug & Alcohol Screening, and Random Testing during Employment
CBO offers a competitive compensation package including medical and dental benefits, short and long-term disability, life insurance, dependent life insurance, employee & family assistance program, and a defined contribution pension plan (matched contributions).
Canadian Base Operators welcomes and encourages applications from persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.