ABOUT THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Canadian Base Operators’ Meaford team is growing! If you are committed and collaborative professional looking to contribute to a hard-working, innovative team, this opportunity is for you.
The Clothing Store Person is located in Meaford at the 4th Canadian Division Training Centre and typically reports directly to the Inventory Control Supervisor. Their primary focus is to perform the duties of a Warehouse Stores Person in the clothing area. Secures and accounts for, various items of clothing and equipment that pertain to the clothing section. This includes issuing and exchanging items and completing stock checks and counts. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Stores items will be received as per Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs); ensuring items are to acceptable standards
- Pick items to be issued, transmit issues as per SOPs, notifying customers and liaison with Inventory Control. Clothing Stores Person will check stock maintenance and quality of stock
- Stock will be issued clean and serviceable
- Conducts stocktaking and spot checks in accordance with current procedures and ensures Inventory Control accuracy by reporting discrepancies to their supervisor.
- Responds to customer queries, obtaining and providing information
- Assists customer with the loading of bulky items.
- Process receipts, exchanges, returns and amends to automated records
- Accepts items returned confirming serviceability of items or initiating repairs or other actions in accordance with current SOPs
- Perform other assigned tasks, as required.
- Change Orientation
- Communicates Effectively
- Continuous Learning
- Customer Focus
- Holds Self and Others Accountable
- Problem Solving and Innovation
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Values and Respects Others
- Coaches and Develops
- Maximizes Business Performance and Team Effectiveness
- Strategic Perspective
High school Diploma
The following certifications/designations are considered an asset
- Knowledge of DND policies and procedures is an additional asset.
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Valid DZ-Class Driver License
- Clean driving record
- 2 Years of experience in a Warehouse environment
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
Proficient knowledge and understanding of:
- Organization and time management
- Excellent oral and written communications skills (English)
- Must hold a Level 2 Security Clearance or be eligible to obtain one
Proficient user of:
- MS Office (Word, Excel, Project)
Canadian Base Operators welcomes and encourages applications from persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.